Re: About postgresql8.3.3 build in MS VS2005

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: About postgresql8.3.3 build in MS VS2005
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
iihero wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your information. Very appreciated!
> When I convert the file as encoded as UTF-8, there will be no errors.
> For my understanding, if the file is encoded as UTF-8, the first 3 bytes
> will be "efbbbf".

No, this is not necessary. That's the BOM (Byte Order Mark), but it's
not mandatory. Many editors on Windows put it there, most (I think)
editors on other platforms don't.

> Besides this, ossp-uuid seems very hard to find a win32 build version.
> Is there comment int the wiki?
> I just find one in the mail list, which says that there is one at
>
> http://winpg.jp/~saito/pg_work/OSSP_win32/

There has been a lot of issues with that one. I don't know if there has
been a release of the fixed version - I know Hiroshi Saito worked with
them to get the fix into their tree, just not if it's been released yet.

//Magnus

Сообщение: Re: About postgresql8.3.3 build in MS VS2005
Сообщение: Re: About postgresql8.3.3 build in MS VS2005