Re: The Axe list

От Ron Mayer
Тема Re: The Axe list
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus wrote:
> intagg: ...  Has not been updated since 2001.

Really?  Just a couple years ago (2005) bugs we reported were
still getting fixed in it:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2005-03/msg00202.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2005-04/msg00165.php

Here's one use-case I had at the time.
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2005-04/msg01249.php
I think we still use that code, but I suppose I can re-write it
to use features that were added since then.
And hey - where'd README.int_aggregate go? IIRC that had
a couple interesting use-cases too.

I also like intagg, because it's kinda like a "hello world" for
writing one kind of C extensions.   I'm not saying it needs to
stay in contrib.  Perhaps it could live on as an example in the docs?