Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1081)

От KaiGai Kohei
Тема Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1081)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-10-06 at 17:25 +0900, KaiGai Kohei wrote:
>
>> What should I do during the remaining 25 days?
>
> I haven't been following this much, but I note that there is lots of
> confusion over the international standards, guidelines, recommendations,
> specifications etc that we should be following. AFAICS the requirements
> have not been solidified and so there is little scope for examining the
> patch to see if it meets any particular definition of usable.
>
> It would be very useful to write a long Wiki article explaining what
> standards you think the security community want and how those have been
> implemented in your patches. And also ones they don't want and why.
> Maybe you have all that already, so its just a case of exposing it.

I also think what you pointed out is right.

We have the following document, but its description is a bit legacy
as I noted to Peter in the previous message.
 http://sepgsql.googlecode.com/files/sepgsql_security_guide.20080214.en.pdf

If they think the wiki article is useful, I can put the revised documentation
and specification as several wiki pages. I'll do it next to the implementation
of row-level permission, because I *have to* submit it due to the deadline.

Here is a request. I hope to collaborate with native English users, because
it is not my native language. :)

Thanks,

--
OSS Platform Development Division, NEC