Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches

От KaiGai Kohei
Тема Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
KaiGai Kohei wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>>  >     2) Do we want row-level permissions at the SQL level?
>>>
>>> Now I'm working for it and will submit patches due to the end of Oct,
>>> if it is really required to make progress reviewing of SE-PostgreSQL
>>> on the v8.4 development cycle.
>>> However, the scale of its demand is unclear for me.
>>
>> Yes, which is why I would like the community to answer the question
>> before you have to start coding things.  I will say that if we do want
>> it, the SE-Linux code will be 96% in separate modules and will make it
>> much easier to accept.
>
> OK, I'll stop my hand today, and wait for pgsql-hacker's opinions.

I want to confirm the conclusion of this issue.

If I can understand correctly, we don't have a clear conclusion of this.
So, it is unclear for me whether the row-level permission at SQL level is
necessary to progress the reviewing process of SE-PostgreSQL, or not.

Please give me any suggestion.

Thanks,
--
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp>