Re: FSM rewrite committed, loose ends

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: FSM rewrite committed, loose ends
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Zdenek Kotala wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas napsal(a):
>> The FSM is not updated during WAL replay. That means that after crash
>> recovery, the FSM won't be completely up-to-date, but at roughly the
>> state it was at last checkpoint. In a warm stand-by, the FSM will
>> reflect the situation at last full backup. We need to think when the
>> FSM should be updated during WAL replay. Probably not after every
>> record, because of the overhead, but certainly more often than never.
>
> What's about after a page write  during a WAL replay?

You mean when a page is evicted from the buffer cache? That might be
pretty good from performance point of view, but from a modularity point
of view, the buffer manager should have no business modifying the FSM.

Сообщение: Re: FSM rewrite committed, loose ends
Сообщение: Re: FSM rewrite committed, loose ends