Re: September CommitFest Closed

От Matthew T. O'Connor
Тема Re: September CommitFest Closed
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus wrote:
> For the September commitfest, 29 patches were applied (one to pgFoundry)
>  and 18 patches were sent back for more work.
>
> More importantly, six *new* reviewers completed reviews of of various
> patches: Abbas Butt, Alex Hunsaker, Markus Wanner, Ibrar Ahmed, Ryan
> Bradetich and Gianni Colli.  Several other new reviewers volunteered,
> but we ran out of patches to check, and Kenneth Marshall had to quit
> reviewing because of Hurricane Ike.
>
> Yaaaaay, reviewers.

If nothing else ever came of the Commit Fest approach, if it creates
more reviewers, then I think the Commit Fest process would be a success.

I think the Commit Fest approach does this by lowering the bar of entry
to become a reviewer.  It does this because it brings more focus to
patch review on a regular basis and since it changes the patch review
process from a last minute dash that only experience hackers should get
involved with to a process with more time before the final deadline,
hence more friendly for new reviewers to get involved.  Good news all
around!