Re: Finding some bug statistics..

От Chander Ganesan
Тема Re: Finding some bug statistics..
Дата
Re: Finding some bug statistics..  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-www
Dave Page wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 4:12 PM, Chander Ganesan <chander@otg-nc.com> wrote:
>
>> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>
>>> We don't have a bug tracker, thus there is nothing to gather statistics
>>> from. We have a web form that is really just a sequence in a database
>>> that generates a bug id, and then remails the whole form to pgsql-bugs.
>>>
>>> For discussions of why we don't have one, see about a billion mails in
>>> the archives over the past 10 years or so :-(
>>>

>> The general policy is a 72 hour bug fix, right?
>>

> There is no general policy that I'm aware of.

Ahh..I saw Josh Berkus's post here:
http://www.murrayc.com/blog/permalink/2008/04/25/postgresql-has-no-bugzilla/

Is it safe to say that 72 hours is pretty standard?
>> Do we have any
>> ideas/numbers as to the currently "open" number of bugs (identified but not
>> fixed yet)?  That would be just as useful in some regard.
>>

> Nope.
>

>> Also, is the sequence only a sequence, or is some of the data held in the
>> database (queryable?)  At the very least, I could probably get an idea of
>> the bug submit rate by looking at the first bug of each month in the bugs
>> archive (or are many of the "bugs" really SPAM)?
>>

> It's literally just a sequence. And the messages do get moderated, so
> some numbers will be lost as spam.

Darn :(  I'm giving a MySQL vs. PostgreSQL talk in October, and was
hoping to provide some statistical metrics that would allow
apples-apples comparisons for product maturity.

--
Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: broken links (intermittent)
От: "Dave Page"
Сообщение: Re: Finding some bug statistics..