Re: [BUGS] 0x1A in control file on Windows

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [BUGS] 0x1A in control file on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
>> The point being that the config files are opened with AllocateFile(),
>> which in turn calls fopen(). It doesn't use open(). The proposal was
>> only to make all *open()* calls do it binary. I was under the impression
>> that on Unix, that's what open() did, so we should behave the same?
>>

> That seems just weird.  I do not think there's any correlation between
> whether we use open or fopen and whether the file is text or binary.
> Even if it happens to be true right now, depending on it would be
> fragile.

I agree. If you really want something like that you should invent
OpenConfigFile() or some such. But it hardly seems worth it.

cheers

andrew

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] 0x1A in control file on Windows
От: Aidan Van Dyk
Сообщение: Re: Proposal of SE-PostgreSQL patches (for CommitFest:Sep)