Re: Initial prefetch performance testing

От Zdenek Kotala
Тема Re: Initial prefetch performance testing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Smith napsal(a):
> On Mon, 22 Sep 2008, Gregory Stark wrote:

>> I'm quite surprised Solaris doesn't support posix_fadvise -- perhaps
>> it's in some other version of Solaris?

Solaris has only fake variant of posix_fadvise. See
http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/onnv/onnv-gate/usr/src/lib/libc/port/gen/posix_fadvise.c

UFS has own optimization. For example if it detects sequential scan then  file cache is limited on 80kB. Or it also has
prefetching.

ZFS has intelligent read patter recognitions algorithms and other
improvements.
    Zdenek