Re: optimizing CleanupTempFiles

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: optimizing CleanupTempFiles
Дата
Re: optimizing CleanupTempFiles
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
>> BTW in testing this patch I was surprised by the fact that temp tables
>> files are removed at checkpoint time,
>
> [ blink... ]  Doesn't look like that should happen.  What is your
> test case?

Hmph, must be because of the patch from last winter to prevent
relfilenode reuse until next checkpoint. Looks like we didn't make an
exception for temporary tables. Although it's harmless, we could put an
isTempOrToastNamespace() test in there:

*** md.c    11 Aug 2008 11:05:11 -0000    1.139
--- md.c    18 Sep 2008 06:22:13 -0000
***************
*** 19,24 ****
--- 19,25 ----  #include <sys/file.h>
  #include "catalog/catalog.h"
+ #include "catalog/namespace.h"  #include "miscadmin.h"  #include "postmaster/bgwriter.h"  #include "storage/fd.h"
*** 324,330 ****      /*       * Delete or truncate the first segment.       */
!     if (isRedo || forkNum != MAIN_FORKNUM)          ret = unlink(path);      else      {
--- 325,331 ----      /*       * Delete or truncate the first segment.       */
!     if (isRedo || forkNum != MAIN_FORKNUM ||
isTempOrToastNamespace(rnode.spcNode))          ret = unlink(path);      else      {

Сообщение: Re: 0x1A in control file on Windows
Сообщение: Re: 0x1A in control file on Windows