Re: psql scripting tutorials

От Artacus
Тема Re: psql scripting tutorials
Дата
Re: psql scripting tutorials  ("Scott Marlowe" <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
Re: psql scripting tutorials  (Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com>)
Re: psql scripting tutorials  (Blazej <bl.oleszkiewicz@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Artacus wrote:
> I'd like to learn a little more about writing psql scripts does anyone
> know of any resources outside of the manual?

Ok then. Does anyone have any tips or best practices for scripting psql?

I'll probably write some bash scripts to pull csv files over then script
psql to do a COPY into an import schema then run a pl/pgsql procedure,
er function, to do all ETL.

Who else is doing something like this? Can psql access environmental
variables or command line params? Or do I have to have my bash script
write a psql script every time?

Thanks