Re: Synchronous Log Shipping Replication

От Markus Wanner
Тема Re: Synchronous Log Shipping Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
> It might just be I'm not understanding what it's all about, but it seems to me
> with WALSender process A will wait, whatever happens, either until the WAL is
> sent to slave or written to disk on the slave.

..and it will still has to wait until WAL is written to disk on the
local node, as we do now. These are two different things to wait for.
One is a network socket operation, the other is an fsync(). As these
don't work together too well (blocking), you better run that in two
different processes.

Regards

Markus Wanner