Re: BUG #4402: Column expansion: date comes wthout a cast

От Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Тема Re: BUG #4402: Column expansion: date comes wthout a cast
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Joachim Unger escreveu:
> The column expansion lists date types without a date cast.

And all of the text types too.

> Here is an example where I'm using NEW inside a trigger:
> [...]
> ins_sql := 'INSERT INTO ' ||   quote_ident(new_child_table) || '('
> ||col_names(new_child_table) || ') VALUES ' || NEW;
> RAISE NOTICE 'INSERT: %',ins_sql;
> EXECUTE ins_sql;
> [...]
Why aren't you expanding it yourself? Currently, PostgreSQL doesn't have
a function that does the quoting-if-needed automagically.

--
  Euler Taveira de Oliveira
  http://www.timbira.com/

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: BUG #4377: casting result of timeofday() to timestamp fails in some timezones
От: "Ross Toole"
Сообщение: BUG #4404: Installation Appears to work service fails