Re: More shared_buffers instead of effective_cache_size?

От: Ulrich
Тема: Re: More shared_buffers instead of effective_cache_size?
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

More shared_buffers instead of effective_cache_size?  (Ulrich, )
 Re: More shared_buffers instead of effective_cache_size?  ("Scott Marlowe", )
  Re: More shared_buffers instead of effective_cache_size?  (Ulrich, )

Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 1:39 PM, Ulrich <> wrote:
>
>>> I wouldn't set shared_buffers that high
>>> just because things like vacuum and sorts need memory too
>>>
>> Okay, I understand that vacuum uses memory, but I thought sorts are done in
>> work_mem? I am only sorting the result of one query which will never return
>> more than 500 rows.
>>

> You can probably play with larger shared memory, but I'm betting that
> the fact that you're running under a VM is gonna weigh eveything down
> a great deal, to the point that you're tuning is going to have minimal
> effect.

Hmm... Why do you think so? Is there a reason for it or do other people
have problems with virtual servers and databases?
I have reserved cpu power and reserved ram (okay, not much, but it is
reserved ;-) ), the only thing I dont have is reserved file-cache.

-Ulrich

От: "Scott Marlowe"
Сообщение: Re: More shared_buffers instead of effective_cache_size?
От: Duan Ligong
Сообщение: Re: too many clog files