Re: Download links

От Chander Ganesan
Тема Re: Download links
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> I had to spend a bit of time hunting around to find the latest release
>> of 8.2.x, in fact, it's not really "indicated" anywhere that "old"
>> versions are there.  Looking at the /download page, I cannot find a
>> single reference to older versions (the big advantage to the old
>> format).  One has to hunt around until they find the "source code" link
>> to locate an older version of postgresql.
>>

> There's no usefulness whatsoever to the old versions, so why should they
> be linked to?

There are many organizations that have PostgreSQL's older versions
deployed, and have yet to upgrade to the latest major release...but
still have need to download the latest patch release to upgrade their
installation.  IMHO, for this reason the older versions are extremely
important.  Hence the need to link to them.

All I'm saying is that there is a major decrease in usability of the
site when it's not clearly documented where someone can get the latest
patch version for their release.

--
Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.