Re: BUG #4340: SECURITY: Is SSL Doing Anything?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: BUG #4340: SECURITY: Is SSL Doing Anything?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:
>> I'd set the default to "verifypeer" in 8.4 and up, but backpatch it with
>> a default of "off". That way we don't break existing setups, but give
>> users the ability to verify if if they want to.
>
> This seems a bit large/invasive/new-feature-ish for a backpatch.

I agree in principle, but I really didn't want to leave our "old" users
in the cold, unable to actually use SSL to secure their systems..

The code is there, actually, it's just #ifdef NOT_USED :-) From a *long*
time ago, and the commit message just says "silence compiler warnings",
so I've not managed to figure out why...

//Magnus

Сообщение: Re: BUG #4340: SECURITY: Is SSL Doing Anything?
Сообщение: Re: BUG #4340: SECURITY: Is SSL Doing Anything?