Re: Git mirrors and the release branches

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Git mirrors and the release branches
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Ron Mayer wrote:
> Short summary:
>
> A quick (I hope) question about the git mirror.
>
> Should I expect git.postgresql.org to have up-to-date release
> branches (like 8.3) somewhere ?    At first glance it seems
> to me the git mirror at http://repo.or.cz/w/PostgreSQL.git
> does have up-to-date release branches, but the one at
> git.postgresql.org doesn't.
>

> Longer:
>
> At work I'm maintaining a patch that I need to have work against a
> couple releases of postgres; and would prefer to do this with git
> over CVS if it's practical.  I found a couple git repositories,
> one of which sounds more official (has .postgresql.org domain)
> but doesn't seem to have the branches; and another one on repo.or.cz
> that does seem to have the branches.
>
> If I read http://git.postgresql.org/?p=postgresql.git;a=summary
>   heads
>   7 hours ago   master          shortlog | log | tree
>   6 months ago  REL8_3_STABLE   shortlog | log | tree
>   20 months ago REL8_2_STABLE   shortlog | log | tree
> correctly, it seems to me the GIT mirror on git.postgresql.org
> doesn't import checkins to the release branches.
>
> In contrast, it seems http://repo.or.cz/w/PostgreSQL.git
>   heads
>   7 hours ago   master          shortlog | log | tree
>   2 days ago    REL8_2_STABLE   shortlog | log | tree
>   2 days ago    REL8_3_STABLE   shortlog | log | tree
> and in pictures:
>   http://repo.or.cz/git-browser/by-commit.html?r=PostgreSQL.git
> does at first glance seem to have all the checkins on
> all the branches.
>

> Does git.postgresql.org already has those branches somewhere I'm
> not looking?  If not, is it reasonable to ask that they be added?
> I can volunteer to do some of the work if someone points me in the
> right direction to get this done.  Or would it make more sense
> to just use the repo.or.cz repo...

The contact point for the git server is gitadmin@git.postgresql.org.
AFAIK ppl on that list hang out here as well so you may well get a
response here, but if you don't or if you're in a hurry - try that one.

//Magnus

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: