Re: c type of int8 / serial8?

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: c type of int8 / serial8?
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder what the C type of int8 / serial8 is.
>
> If I use SQLGetTypeInfo() to get all the supported type is says that
> int8 is of SQL type SQL_BIGINT. It does not show any values for serial8
> but I suppose that that is a user defined type and the driver is not
> required to show those (is that correct?).

No.
serial8 is bigint not a user defined type.

xxxx=> create table tab1 (id serial8);
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence "tab1_id_seq" for
serial column "tab1.id"
CREATE TABLE
xxxx=> insert into tab1 values ('-9223372036854775808');
INSERT 0 1
xxxx=> select * from tab1;
           id
  -9223372036854775808