Re: How to use postgresql-jdbc rpm with Sun JDK

От Kevin Murphy
Тема Re: How to use postgresql-jdbc rpm with Sun JDK
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> Kevin Murphy <murphy@genome.chop.edu> writes:
>
>> Speaking as a near-ignoramus, would a simple RPM that wraps the binary
>> jar file make sense?
>>

> Sure, if you want to do it that way.  We did in fact do it that way up
> till about 8.0.  We (or at least I) moved away from it because of Red
> Hat's policy that source RPMs should contain only, well, source.
> But if you roll your own you certainly need not be bound by that
> ideology.

After looking in more detail at what the gcj packages install, I've
decided it's no big deal to just use Devrim's
postgresql-jdbc-8.3.603-1PGDG.rhel5.x86_64.rpm package as is.

While the java-1.4.2-gcj-compat and libgcj RPMs are needlessly
installed, they don't interfere with Rocks' Java metapackage (roll), as
I had feared.

Thanks for the responses,
Kevin Murphy