Re: Postgres Vacuum Password

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Postgres Vacuum Password
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Chris Schroter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Would you please tell me if there is a default password for the Postgres vacuum utility?

there are no passwords for any programs, passwords are users to connect
to databases, IF the appropriate line in pg_hba.conf specifies to use
passwords.

there are also no default user passwords, they must be created by the
database administrator via ALTER ROLE rolename WITH PASSWORD 'newpassword';

this really belongs on a different list, this isn't a postgres bug.