Re: Plz Heeeelp! performance settings

От dforums
Тема Re: Plz Heeeelp! performance settings
Дата
Re: Plz Heeeelp! performance settings  ("Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
The performance problem is really only on the insertion and even more on
the treatment for the aggregation.

To treat the 3000 entrances and to insert, or update the tables it needs
10 minutes.

As I told you I inject 14000 query every 2 minutes, and it needs 10
minutes to treat 3000 of those query.

As you can easly understand it's a big narrow section.

I'm not doing the treatment in ones, cause I can't, but all is managed
by procedure.

 > That wasn't a yes/no question. Please choose one of:
 > Are you updating 6Go per week? most of update
 > Are you adding 6Go per week? less of injection,

This action depend if the data are already present in the database.

 > OK. I assume you're happy with the plans you are getting on these
 > queries, since you've not provided any information about them.

The plan seems ok as it use index as well.
here is the plan :

explain analyse SELECT "insertUpdateTracks"(137,2605, 852, ('2008-08-06
19:28:54'::text)::date,3,'dailydisplay',2,NULL);
INFO:  method 1
                                      QUERY PLAN
  Result  (cost=0.00..0.01 rows=1 width=0) (actual time=1.151..1.151
rows=1 loops=1)
  Total runtime: 1.160 ms
(2 lignes)

  Has you can see the runtime processs for an update in this table.

multiplying this per 10000, it is too long.

regards

david

--
<http://www.1st-affiliation.fr>