Re: Is there a way to bypass sql?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Is there a way to bypass sql?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Samantha Atkins <sjatkins@mac.com> writes:
> In many OO projects the majority of the work on persistent objects is
> navigational and inserts with relatively few updates.  Queries are
> usually mainly for initial working set in many such systems and little
> else.  When retrieving an object given a persistent oid it would be
> better if I didn't need to go through even a prepared statement and
> especially it would be better if I did not need to translate column
> values or do subqueries to either construct my OO language object or
> construct my OO cache entry.

I think you are drastically overestimating the overhead of a prepared
query, and drastically underestimating the work involved in implementing
or maintaining a "bypass" solution.  This really isn't going to be worth
your time.

If you think you don't need SQL at all anywhere, then go with something
like BDB.