Re: Weird pause when running statements

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: Weird pause when running statements
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Grant Quimby wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've done some research and this appears to be a unique problem.
>
> During an ETL process using the 8.3-603 JDBC3 driver with Pentaho Data Integration the transactions and everything
stopsprocessing. No disk access, No process activity, Nothing. The Postgres processes are still present.

> After reloading the server configuration the processes just start off where they stopped and continue normally.
Sometimesthey stop again, the same workaround sets the process running again. However trying to deploy this process to
aserver means that those pauses are unacceptable. This appears to be a problem with the driver and/or the server.
Anybodyhave any suggestions? I'd rather not have to port everything to another DBMS.

First step would be to work out which half is getting stuck. Try a
thread dump on the Java side and a strace on the backend side.

What do you mean by "reloading the server configuration"?

-O

От: Grant Quimby
Сообщение: Weird pause when running statements
От: Oliver Jowett
Сообщение: Re: Weird pause when running statements