Re: file system and raid performance

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: file system and raid performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Mark Wong wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 10:56 PM, Gregory S. Youngblood <greg@tcscs.com> wrote:
>
>> I recently ran some tests on Ubuntu Hardy Server (Linux) comparing JFS, XFS,
>> and ZFS+FUSE. It was all 32-bit and on old hardware, plus I only used
>> bonnie++, so the numbers are really only useful for my hardware.
>>
>> What parameters were used to create the XFS partition in these tests? And,
>> what options were used to mount the file system? Was the kernel 32-bit or
>> 64-bit? Given what I've seen with some of the XFS options (like lazy-count),
>> I am wondering about the options used in these tests.
>>

> The default (no arguments specified) parameters were used to create
> the XFS partitions.  Mount options specified are described in the
> table.  This was a 64-bit OS.
>
> Regards,
> Mark

I think it is a good idea to match the raid stripe size and give some
indication of how many disks are in the array. E.g:

For a 4 disk system with 256K stripe size I used:

 $ mkfs.xfs -d su=256k,sw=2 /dev/mdx

which performed about 2-3 times quicker than the default (I did try sw=4
as well, but didn't notice any difference compared to sw=4).

regards

Mark

От: "Gregory S. Youngblood"
Сообщение: Re: file system and raid performance
От: Marcin Citowicki
Сообщение: pg_dump error - out of memory, Failed on request of size 536870912