Re: PL/pgSQL equivalent to PQtransactionStatus?

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: PL/pgSQL equivalent to PQtransactionStatus?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Christophe wrote:
> My apologies if this is in the docs and I missed it, but is there a
> PL/pgSQL function equivalent for the pglib function PQtransactionStatus
> (i.e., a way to find out if we're in an open transaction block, and if
> that transaction is in an error status)?

A pl/pgsql function *always* executes within a transaction.

If an error occurs while that function is executing you can catch the
exception (see the "Trapping Errors" section of the pl/pgsql docs).

If an error occurs before the function executes then no other statements
will be executed.

HTH

--
   Richard Huxton