Re: Date index not used when selecting a date range

От Poul Møller Hansen
Тема Re: Date index not used when selecting a date range
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Have you run analyze on the table?

Yes
> How selective is the condition node = '1010101010' and the date range. In
> particular, do you have an idea what percentange of the table fits into
> that date range?

There are around 1000 nodes and there is data for two years, so it must
be around 1/4000 of all rows
> What about the "type" column? You have it in the index, but not in your
> query. Have you tried adding type to the query? Will that make it more
> selective?

Why haven't I tried that ... That did the trick, thanks!

Poul

От: Poul Møller Hansen
Сообщение: Re: Date index not used when selecting a date range
От: "Asko Oja"
Сообщение: Re: Clone a database to other machine