Re: Date index not used when selecting a date range

От Poul Møller Hansen
Тема Re: Date index not used when selecting a date range
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> You can prevent postgres from using the index on node by changing the reference in the WHERE clause to an expression,
likeso:

> SELECT * FROM public.stat WHERE node||'' = '1010101010' AND
>  ("date" <= '2008-06-30'::date AND "date" >= '2008-01-01'::date);
>
> Perhaps this will lead the optimizer to choose the index on date. However, I have noticed reluctance in the postgres
optimizerto use multi-column indexes, presumably because the increased size of the indexed values lowers expectations
forperformance of the index.

I think you are right about the multi-column usage.
When I use node||'' instead of node, it will do a seq scan.

Poul

От: Klint Gore
Сообщение: Re: why can't I load pgxml.sql
От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: How to give input a file for a stored procedure