Re: Fetch for Update

От justin
Тема Re: Fetch for Update
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Bob Pawley wrote:
> I haven't been able to find much information on Fetch for Update. Does
> 8.3 support this command??
>
> If so, could someone please point out my error in the following?
>
> Bob
>

> BEGIN
>   SELECT count (p_id.pid.process_id) INTO Proccount
>   FROM p_id.p_id
>   WHERE process_id = new.process_id;
>
> Declare
> procgraphic cursor for
> select process_id
> from p_id.p_id
> where p_id.p_id.p_id_id = proc_count.p_id_id;
>
> Begin
>
> Fetch first  in procgraphic for update
> Update p_id.p_id
> set proc_graphic_position = one
> From graphics.proc_position
> where graphics.proc_position.proc_count = proccount;

Theres the Select for update
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/sql-select.html#SQL-FOR-UPDATE-SHARE

which locks the records for the transaction

От: aravind chandu
Сообщение: should i need to install xml library in postgresql inorder to work on xml file?
От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: should i need to install xml library in postgresql inorder to work on xml file?