Re: BUG #4319: lower()/upper() does not know about UNICODE case mapping

От Zdenek Kotala
Тема Re: BUG #4319: lower()/upper() does not know about UNICODE case mapping
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Valentine Gogichashvili napsal(a):

> Hi,

Hi

> I understand, that it is more a feature, but it does not help me anyways...
>
> On the UNICODE databases lower and upper functions are using system locale
> settings (that cannot be changed after initializing DB?) and does not know
> anything about UNICODE case mapping.
>
> The problem really becomes 'a problem' on multilingual systems. I have to
> store data for German, Russian and Romanian languages together.

I understand you and I hope things will be better. See collation per database
project: http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Gsoc08-collation

        Zdenek

--
Zdenek Kotala              Sun Microsystems
Prague, Czech Republic     http://sun.com/postgresql