Re: performance on new linux box

От Jochen Erwied
Тема Re: performance on new linux box
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Thursday, July 8, 2010, 9:18:20 PM you wrote:

> However, I just verified with the hosting company that BBU is off on the
> raid controller.  I am trying to find out my options, turn it on, different
> card, etc...

Turning it on requires the external BBU to be installed, so even if a 9650
has BBU support, it requires the hardware on a pluggable card.

And even If the BBU is present, it requires to pass the selftest once until
you are able to turn on write caching.

--
Jochen Erwied     |   home: jochen@erwied.eu     +49-208-38800-18, FAX: -19
Sauerbruchstr. 17 |   work: joe@mbs-software.de  +49-2151-7294-24, FAX: -50