Re: open_sync fails

От Rick Weber
Тема Re: open_sync fails
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Definitely believable.  It gives me an internal avenue to chase down.

Thanks

--Rick

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Rick Weber wrote:

While working on tuning my database, I was experimenting with changing
the wal_sync_method to try to find the optimal value.  The really odd
thing is when I switch to open_sync (O_SYNC), Postgres immediately fails
and gives me an error message of:

2008-07-22 11:22:37 UTC 19411 akamai [local] PANIC:  could not write to
log file 101, segment 40 at offset 12558336, length 2097152: No space left on device
Sounds like a kernel bug to me, particularly because the segment is most
likely already 16 MB in length; we're only rewriting the contents, not
enlarging it.  Perhaps the kernel wanted to report a problem and chose
the wrong errno.

Вложения