Re: size of function body

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: size of function body
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ralph Graulich <maillist@shauny.de> writes:
> Given a function with 29 parameters, consisting of 5 INTEGERs and the rest
> being VARCHARs, reALIASing all the parameter in the DECLARE block and
> using them in several SQL statements within the function's body, I began
> to receive that error:
> ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "SELECT" 89299<

Hmm.  Are there any long literal strings in your function text?  (Not
sure, but I think "long" may mean "> 256 bytes" in this context.)  If
so, you might be running into a recently-discovered bug in plpgsql.
Try substituting the latest version of pl_funcs.c, see
http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/pl/plpgsql/src/pl_funcs.c

If that doesn't do it for you, we'll need to see a reproducible test
case.