Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Adjust things so that the query_string of a cached plan and the

От Markus Wanner
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Adjust things so that the query_string of a cached plan and the
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Tom Lane wrote:
> This seems like a bad idea, because it makes the code gratuitously
> different from the names used for this purpose everywhere else.

I find that a pretty dubious reason for having 'query_string' and
'queryString' in the same function. In fact, having it in the same code
base seems strange. It makes me wish we had (better!) naming
conventions...  Something I've stumbled over often enough during my work
with Postgres - What was it again: 'query_string' (87 times),
'queryString' (77 times) or 'querystr' (42 times)?

However, what about at least adding a comment, so fellow hackers have a
chance of understanding the subtle difference there?

Regards

Markus