Re: roll back to 8.1 for PyQt driver work-around

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: roll back to 8.1 for PyQt driver work-around
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Scott Frankel a écrit :
>     [...]
> Here's the full text from the log file:
>
> FATAL:  syntax error in file "/Library/PostgreSQL8/data/postgresql.conf"
> line 107, near token "kB"

You can't use units in a pre-8.2 config file.

> FATAL:  syntax error in file "/Library/PostgreSQL8/data/postgresql.conf"
> line 107, near token "kB"
> LOG:  could not bind IPv6 socket: Address already in use
> HINT:  Is another postmaster already running on port 5432? If not, wait
> a few seconds and retry.

Apparently the 8.3 server is already running on port 5432... which seems
plausible because I think you launch 8.1 on the 8.3 data directory.

> FATAL:  incorrect checksum in control file
> LOG:  could not bind IPv6 socket: Address already in use
> HINT:  Is another postmaster already running on port 5432? If not, wait
> a few seconds and retry.
> FATAL:  incorrect checksum in control file

It means you try to execute an 8.1 server on a data directory
initialized by an 8.2 or 8.3 initdb.

> LOG:  could not bind IPv6 socket: Address already in use
> HINT:  Is another postmaster already running on port 5432? If not, wait
> a few seconds and retry.
> FATAL:  incorrect checksum in control file
> LOG:  could not bind IPv6 socket: Address already in use
> HINT:  Is another postmaster already running on port 5432? If not, wait
> a few seconds and retry.

You can use two different release on the same server. But you need
different port number and different data directory.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.
  http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Сообщение: Re: UPDATE runs slow in a transaction
Сообщение: Re: UPDATE runs slow in a transaction