Re: When was my database created

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: When was my database created
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:

> How do I tell how old my database is, that is, when was create db for
> this database done?

Short answer: you can't - at least not reliably and directly.

You can look in the data directory associated with the database in which
you are interested and check the earliest file timestamp or the
timestamp of the PG_VERSION file.

*IF* the files weren't touched and *if* they weren't manually copied at
any time (and, of course if the clock was set correctly when the DB was
created) then they *probably* represent the time the current version of
the database was created. If you restored from a dump or otherwise
recreated the database for any reason (version upgrade, machine
migration, disaster recovery, etc.), the timestamps would represent the
time of the restore, not the time of the creation of the original database.

Cheers,
Steve

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: Rollback in Postgres
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Unnecessary repeat condition for a self inner join