Re: Starter

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: Starter
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/07/2008 13:24, Guido Sagasti wrote:
> Hi I want to star with postgresql and I want to know if it´s difficult
> the instalation and setting up in a desktop. I have not a IT background
> but work a lot with databases and need a little help.

Hi there,

If you're working on Windows, the installer is pretty good - it will set
up PG, create a user and set permissions, etc, and will also give you
the opportunity to download other stuff that goes with it - I'd
recommend PgAdmin, as it makes life much easier for someone new to PG.

There are also packages for various Linux distributions.

Do read the documentation thoroughly. It's excellent - comprehensive,
well written and well organised.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie