Re: [GENERAL] Windows installation - could not connect to server:Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Windows installation - could not connect to server:Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/26/2016 11:43 PM, Thomas.Deboben.ext@rohde-schwarz.com wrote:

> trouble

>>> I'm working with PostgreSQL 9.5.0.1.
>>> We download the Win x86-32 and Win x86-64 installation packages from
>>>
> http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/pgdownload#windows
>>
>>That is what you are using now but what where you using when, from first
>>post:
>>
>>"This has worked for different version, but now we get sometimes trouble
>>..."
>>
> I ment different versions fo our product.
> But I had also installer including PostgreSQL 9.3.4.1, 9.3.6.1 and 9.4.4.3.

So does the issue follow the change in your product version or the
change in Postgres version?

In other words do the Postgres 9.4- versions install correctly with the
new version of your product?

Also what changed with the new version of your product, in particular
with the install process?

> from

>>> Yes we use the standard port 5432

>>> Atually I havn't really checked when the installer will start the
> service.
>>> And as I said, I'm not able to get this error reproduced.
>>
>>Seems it would be helpful to put something in the script to check the
>>server status and log it before trying to connect to it.
>
> How can I check the server status?
> Is this simply if the postgres service is running, or if some sql
> command can connect the postgres port?

Since the issues seem to be with connecting, I would say testing for a
connection using psql would be the way to go.

>>To me indicates this is an order of execution issue. The script is
>>running the connect/create scripts before the server is up and available
>>for connections.
>>

> But the first failing call is inside the original PostgreSQL installer
> package,
> where I have no influence on.
> So already here is the problem.

Yeah, I missed that earlier.

> This is from bitrock_installer.log
> [14:58:49] Installing the adminpack module in the postgres database...
> Executing C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.5\bin\psql.exe -c "CREATE
> EXTENSION adminpack" -d postgres
> Script exit code: 2
>
> But the lines above seems to be fine
> Starting the database server...
> Executing cscript //NoLogo "C:\Program
> Files\PostgreSQL\9.5\installer\server\startserver.vbs" postgres
> Script exit code: 0
>
> Script output:
>  Starting postgres
> Service postgres started successfully
> startserver.vbs ran to completion

I do not install on Windows so this is getting a bit out of my league.

Is the above from the install log?

If so can you show the entire install log?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com