Re: [GENERAL] v7.3.1 Bundled and Released ...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] v7.3.1 Bundled and Released ...
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] v7.3.1 Bundled and Released ...  (Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>)
Re: [GENERAL] v7.3.1 Bundled and Released ...  (greg@turnstep.com)
Список pgsql-hackers
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> I never considered tag'ng for minor releases as having any importance,
> since the tarball's themselves provide the 'tag' ... branches give us the
> ability to back-patch, but tag's don't provide us anything ... do they?

Well, a tag makes it feasible for someone else to recreate the tarball,
given access to the CVS server.  Dunno how important that is in the real
world --- but I have seen requests before for us to tag release points.

Any other arguments out there?