another can't connect

От BJ Freeman
Тема another can't connect
Дата
Список pgsql-general
PostgreSQL version 8.1.11 (With schemas)
I have read the recent emails and believe I have covered all the bases
from net stat
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:5432              0.0.0.0:*
    LISTEN      5091/postmaster

I do a
psql -h 127.0.0.1  -U ofbiz -d ofbiz
from a terminal on the server.

and get this after a time
psql: could not connect to server: Connection timed out
    Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting
    TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

Note this was working till about Fri.
then only thing I have been doing is adding to my IPtables.

this is my Iptables
hain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
LOG        all  --  anywhere             anywhere            LOG level
debug prefix `BANDWIDTH_IN:'
DROP       icmp --  anywhere             anywhere
REJECT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp
dpt:5868 reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp dpt:ndmp
ACCEPT     tcp  --  localhost            localhost           tcp
dpt:postgres state NEW
RH-Firewall-1-INPUT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            reject-with
icmp-port-unreachable

there is not filtering on output.

--
BJ Freeman