Re: simple installation problem in windows system

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: simple installation problem in windows system
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 04/07/2008 15:03, Long Cui wrote:

> Now I enter c:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin\createdb mydb;
> PG asks me password
> Is the password as superadmin's password or postgre's password what I
> set when postgresql installed in windows
> I try both, but does not work" user administrator password fail"
> so How to log on as superadmin.

A lot of this basic stuff is pretty accessible in the documentation -
have you read up on it there?

Having said that, what you need to do is use the -U option to specify
the Postgres user to use for the connection; if you don't, Postgres will
try to authenticate you as the Windows account under which you're logged
in. Look it up in the docs.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie