Re: Date Formatting for dd/mm/yyyy

От Artacus
Тема Re: Date Formatting for dd/mm/yyyy
Дата
Список pgsql-general
J Ottery wrote:
> Hi all.
> I am using Postgres 8.3 with Windows XP Pro.
> System date format is dd/MM/yyyy
>
> Having problems when I writing records to a database with a single
> 'date' type field.

I may be confused here. You say writing was your problem but it sounds
like the problem is when you read the records out.

The way dates are displayed is dependent on (and configured in) the
client not on the server. So if you have a specific format you want your
  dates displayed then you need to convert them to a string in your query.

Artacus