Re: simple installation problem in windows system

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: simple installation problem in windows system
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 03/07/2008 14:40, Long Cui wrote:
> I install PostgreSQL 8.3.3 in Windows XP, and set Path environment
> viarable to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin, when I enter "create
> database mydb;" it successed, however when "createdb mydb;" told me
> syntax error. Dose the Path set wrong or I need to set other viarables?

It sounds as if you're issuing the commands from within psql - hence the
standard SQL "create database...." works, but "createdb.." won't.

createdb is just a wrapper program that sends a "create database..."
command to the server, so you need to run it from the Windows command-line.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie