Re: changing text search treatment of puncutation

От Teodor Sigaev
Тема Re: changing text search treatment of puncutation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> In general there seem to be a lot of ways that people wish they
> could tweak the text search parser, and telling them to write
> their own parser isn't a very helpful response for most folk.
> I don't have an idea about how to improve the situation, but
> it seems like something that should be thought about.

We (with Oleg) thought hard about it and we don't find a solution yet.
Configurable parser should be:
- fast
- flexible
- not error-prone
- comfortable to use by non-programmer (at least for non-C programmer)

It might be a table-driven state machine (just put TParserStateAction into
table(s) with some caching for first step) , but it's complex to operate and
it's needed to prove correctness of changes in states before its become in use.

                                                    WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/