Re: pg_dump - lost synchronization with server: got message type "d", length 6036499

От Klint Gore
Тема Re: pg_dump - lost synchronization with server: got message type "d", length 6036499
Дата
Re: pg_dump - lost synchronization with server: got message type "d", length 6036499  ("Dave Page" <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> Klint Gore <kgore4@une.edu.au> writes:
> > Can someone shed some light on what's happening here?
> > D:\backups>pg_dump -Z 9 -Fc -C -U postgres -f sheepcrc\dbback.dmp sheepcrc2
> > pg_dump: Dumping the contents of table "uploadeddatafiles" failed:
> > PQgetCopyData
> > () failed.
> > pg_dump: Error message from server: lost synchronization with server:
> > got messag
> > e type "d", length 6036499
>
> 6 meg doesn't seem particularly enormous though.  Are you running
> pg_dump under some especially restrictive user limits?  Maybe it's
> dying here after having leaked a lot of memory for some other reason
> --- try watching the pg_dump process size while it runs.

I'm running it under my own account which has adminstrator rights.

Peak memory usage was about 540m which brought the total usage for the
machine to about half the physical memory allocated (3g total).

Is there a binary debug build for win32 somewhere?

klint.

--
Klint Gore
Database Manager

Ph: 02 6773 3789
Fax: 02 6773 3266
EMail: kgore4@une.edu.au

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: SET CLIENT_ENCODING
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump - lost synchronization with server: got message type "d", length 6036499