Re: FTS question

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: FTS question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Damjan Rems wrote:
>> Um - you're using the full-text indexing. It's
>> supposed to search words.
>>
>> You can use any of the pattern-matching functions /
>> operators (LIKE etc)
>> here if you want to explicitly match characters.
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/functions-matching.html
>>
>> If that's not what you're after, you'll need to
>> explain what you are
>> trying to do.
>
> Id would like to get aproximatly this.
> WHERE name LIKE 'somes%'
>
> But how do I construct FTS query for this?

Well, you don't. Like Oleg says, there should be prefix support in 8.4,
but even then I'm not sure It will do precisely what you want.

Depending on the various transformations / stopwords you have set up in
your dictionaries a single search-word might end up as one or several.

What precisely are you trying to do? I'm having difficulties figuring
out when I'd want "cat" to match "catch" and "catamaran" at the same time.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd