Re: Query Fails

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Query Fails
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sheikh Salman Ahmed wrote:
> Hallo Fellows
>
> I am a new User of postgresql.I have installed it on window XP.I feel it little complicated on Window.I have already
connectedit with visual c++ 2005,but when i wanted to insert some data in my databank,then it fails and shows sytax
erroror  doesn't recognise my table, but connection to data it shows.
> i am using this code to insert data.
>
> res = PQexec (conn, "INSERT INTO public.Person values (121,'xxx','yyy')");

You probably need to provide the error message for anyone to be sure.

However, at a guess you created your table as "Person" which means it's
case-sensitive. You're now trying to access it without quotes which
means it gets case-folded to "person". Search the list archives for
plenty of discussion.

SELECT * FROM foo  -- works
SELECT * FROM Foo  -- works

CREATE TABLE "FOO"
SELECT * FROM foo -- fails
SELECT * FROM FOO -- fails
SELECT * FROM "FOO" -- works

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

От: Jamie Deppeler
Сообщение: Need some help
От: Rafael Martinez
Сообщение: Problems with a C function, pg_uname(), and String concatenation.