Would like an explanation of these error messages.

От James B. Byrne
Тема Would like an explanation of these error messages.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I maintain a warm backup site at a co-location in another city.  One
of the things that gets moved there is a copy of the PostgreSQL
backend for our company wiki and project management site.  This is a
simple process of dumping the database, rsyncing to the remote site
and restoring.  The relevant cron entries look  like this:

Source:
--->
pg_dump --create --format=c --user=postgres --verbose hll_redmine
  | gzip > /var/data/pas-redmine/db/dump/hll_redmine.pgsql.gz &&
  rsync -avz --bwlimit=35 --delete-after --exclude="database.yml"
  --exclude="*.log" --exclude="*cache" --exclude="*ruby_sess*"
  /var/data/pas-redmine inet03.mississauga.harte-lyne.ca:/var/data
<---

Destination:
--->
gunzip < /var/data/pas-redmine/db/dump/hll_redmine.pgsql.gz |
pg_restore --clean --user=postgres --dbname=hll_redmine ; vacuumdb
--user=postgres --full --analyze hll_redmine
<---

This evidently works reliably.

However, I have noticed these messages in the logwatch files of the
destination host and I would like to have them explained to me.  I
would alos like any suggestions as to what I should be doing
differently so as to avoid them altogether.

--->
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 4; 2615 2200 SCHEMA
public postgres
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  cannot
drop schema public because other objects depend on it
HINT:  Use DROP ... CASCADE to drop the dependent objects too.
    Command was: DROP SCHEMA public;
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  schema
"public" already exists
    Command was: CREATE SCHEMA public;
WARNING: errors ignored on restore: 2
<---