Re: Creating a VIEW with a POINT column

От Jan Urbański
Тема Re: Creating a VIEW with a POINT column
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Nick wrote:
> I have a VIEW that consists of two tables, of which contain a POINT
> column. When trying to select from the view I get an error...
>
> ERROR:  could not identify an ordering operator for type point
> HINT:  Use an explicit ordering operator or modify the query.
>
> Any suggestions??? -Nick

Does your view per chance do ORDER BY <point_column> ? You should then
do as told and use an explicit ordering operator.
See
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/sql-select.html#SQL-ORDERBY.

To get better feedback you really should post your view definition (and
the definitions of those two underlying tables).

Cheers,
Jan

--
Jan Urbanski