Re: Probably been asked a hundred times before.

От Kevin Hunter
Тема Re: Probably been asked a hundred times before.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 2:12p -0400 on Tue, 24 Jun 2008, Tom Lane wrote:
> Jorge Godoy <jgodoy@gmail.com> writes:
>> On Tuesday 24 June 2008 11:30:14 David Siebert wrote:
>>> I was wondering if anybody has made an Postgres centric distro?
>
>> I'm running OpenSuSE 11.0 and I have PostgreSQL 8.3.1 right from the
>> installation DVD.
>
> Fedora 9 likewise shipped with PG 8.3.1.  It's all a matter of what was
> current when a particular major distro release was frozen.

Isn't there the Postgres Live CD?  I don't suppose that "distro" is at
all meant to be liberated or installed?

Other than that, what're your criterion for "best"?

Short of a response, I've read a number of reports that given some
tuning FreeBSD 7.0 is the current top performer.

Kevin