Re: New EXPLAIN option: ALL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: New EXPLAIN option: ALL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On May 15, 2019 7:20:34 AM PDT, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
>> Indeed. I think we should move our regression tests to TAP and
>> dispense with this.

> -inconceivably much

Yeah, that's not happening.

Just eyeing the patch again, it seems like most of the test-output churn
is from a decision to make printing of planner options be on-by-default;
which is also what creates the buildfarm-variant-options hazard.  So
I suggest reconsidering that.  TBH, even without the regression test
angle, I suspect that such a change would receive a lot of pushback.
It's a pretty big delta in the verbosity of EXPLAIN, and it is frankly
of no value to a lot of people a lot of the time.